In these terms and conditions the following expressions shall have these meanings:
- “Seller” means THE JOINT WORKSHOP Pty Limited trading as PILATESEQUIP™ (ABN: 43 152 175 463)
- “The customer” means the business, company, firm or persons from whom the order is received.
- “Equipment” means and includes Reformers, Trapeze Tables, High Barrels, Wunda Chairs, Wall Units, Ped-a-Pul, barrels, and all associated Pilates accessories.
Confirmation of orders and deposit:
- A deposit of fifty percent (50%) of the full invoice is required for invoices valued under one thousand Australian dollars ($1000 AUD).
- A deposit of thirty percent (30%) of the full invoice is required for invoices valued over one thousand and one Australian dollars ($1001 AUD).
- The customer accepts all of the terms and conditions by payment of the deposit.
Payment and delays in payment:
All orders must be paid in full before the Seller dispatches any equipment.
Any delay in final payment will result in a delay in shipping and storage costs. The storage cost will depend on the circumstances. If the equipment is stored on the seller premises, it will be charged at $15 a day. Storage on a third party premises will be charged at their rate.
Storing of equipment:
When the customer delays the delivery date, full payment is required. If a delay in delivery is required, a storage cost of $15 per day will be incurred if the seller does not receive payment within seven (7) days of invoicing.
Quotes and Pricing:
- All quotes by the seller are valid for thirty (30) days from invoice date.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- All prices stated are in Australian dollars (AUD).
Quotes by the seller on transport when exporting freight are quoted on CIF (Cost,Insurance & Freight). This will get the freight from the seller’s door to the appropriate port. All other costs associated with the delivery of equipment including but not limited to insurances, taxes, duties, custom examination, freight from port to your address, is the responsibility of the customer.
Bank fees due to money transfers are to be paid by the customer.
Delivery of goods:
The seller will arrange the delivery of the equipment using its preferred transport companies.
Delivery includes insurance of the equipment but only when the seller arranges the delivery of the equipment. To be able to claim on insurance an excess of $250 is required to be paid by the customer before repairs are started
Customers can arrange their own delivery and insurance of equipment on their own terms in agreement with the seller.
The seller and the transport companies used are not liable for any equipment damaged in transport.
Delivery costs quoted by the seller are based on straightforward access. The customer is required to disclose any potential difficult access at the delivery address including but not limited to the number of flights of stairs, doorways, parking conditions, long driveways, and lifts, before delivery is quoted. Any change in delivery circumstances may result in an increase in the delivery cost. The alteration in delivery cost is to be paid by the customer.
It’s the responsibility of the customer to check that the equipment purchased fits into the room, up staircases, into lifts and through doorways. If the equipment doesn’t fit, alternate plans to make them fit is the responsibility of the customer. Where the equipment does not fit, the customer is responsible to pay for the equipment to be return to the seller or seek alternative arrangements. Refer to Cancellations and Returns.
Any damage due to the delivery must be sighted upon, reported to, and documented with the delivery person at the time of delivery.
Delivery does not include assembling.
- All equipment manufactured prior to the thirtieth (31st) of December 2008 comes with a two (2) year manufacturers warranty.
- All equipment manufactured from the 1st January 2009 comes with a four (4) year manufacturers warranty.
- This warranty becomes effective on the invoice date of the original purchase and extends to the indicated time limit as documented in the terms and conditions.
- The seller retains the right to repair, replace or refund the price of any defective components covered under this warranty.
- Any parts that are repaired or replaced under the terms of this agreement will be warranted for the remainder of the term of the original warranty.
- Warranty is held by the customer stated on the invoice and doesn’t extend to a person or party if the equipment is sold.
- Any damage to equipment under insurance or warranty, the 1st option is to repair equipment onsite before any other options are considered.
The warranty does not extend to wear and tear or damage due to improper use. It also extends to any equipment not maintained as per manufacturers instructions, any damage caused by misuse, and damage due to exposure to harsh elements either natural or synthetic. All parts worn by normal wear and tear are not covered by the seller included springs, vinyl, bearings, ropes, bushes, and anodised tracks.
The Seller shall not be liable in any circumstances to the customer for:
a) Alterations or repairs to equipment by a third party other than the Seller
b) Alterations or repairs by a third party not approved by the Seller
Warranty on equipment is void if any unauthorised modifications are made to the equipment.
Cancellations and Returns:
- Cancellation or return of equipment is subjected to a ten percent (10%) cancellation/restock fee of the equipment’s full price.
- All transport cost for delivery and return of equipment are to be paid in full buy the customer.
- All return requests must be made within one (1) week of receiving the product, and must have prior approval by the seller. Returns made without prior approval will not be processed and all incurred charges, shipping or other, will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Returned equipment needs to be properly re-packed and received in “like-new” condition, for a full refund less fees.
- If the return is the result of a manufacturing defect, the seller will replace the product or refund the customer at their discretion. In this case only, the seller will arrange and pay for its return.
- If however, the return is not due to a manufacturing defect, the returning party will be responsible for the following fees: packing and return shipping, plus the 10% restocking fee. Please note that in this case, the original, out bound shipping cost is non-refundable. Equipment that is returned either damaged or otherwise, and not able to be sold as new will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Once equipment is received and inspected, the seller will exchange the returned equipment, issue a credit toward a future purchase, or issue a refund less fees and repairs.
Alterations and custom designs:
- Where a customer has requested a custom design or modification, the seller is not responsible for any unforseen design issues.
- The seller reserves the right to change or modify design without notification to the customer.
- The seller, for custom designed equipment, will accept no returns.
Where an issue with equipment arises; the customer is to contact the seller in the first instance. The seller is not responsible for any incurred costs of repairs paid for by the customer, prior approval by the seller.